The Østrup Group
The research group focuses on developmental biology and regenerative medicine using the pig as the main animal model.
In the area of developmental biology we participate in projects related to brain development and intrauterine growth restriction in pigs. In addition, we perform cytogenetic analysis of selected cases of congenital malformations.
The research within regenerative medicine focuses on skeletal diseases and wound healing. We use in vitro models based on mesenchymal stem cells to investigate the effect of biomaterials and bioactive molecules on differentiation and regeneration. Moreover we have developed an ex vivo skin tissue model to investigate the effect of topical treatments on wound healing.
Feed4Life - Fodring i tidlig drægtighed skal sikre større, mere ens og mere livskraftige grise - Grønt Udviklings- og Demonstrations Program (GUDP)
- Szöke K., Dankova J., Buzgo M., Amler E., Brinchmann J. E. and Østrup E. (2017), The effect of medium composition on deposition of collagen type 1 and expression of osteogenic genes in mesenchymal stem cells derived from human adipose tissue and bone marrow, Process Biochemistry, 59B, 321-328.
- Pullisaar H, Verket A, Szoke K, Tiainen H, Haugen HJ, Brinchmann JE, Reseland JE, and Østrup E (2015) “Alginate hydrogel enriched with enamel matrix derivative to target osteogenic cell differentiation in TiO2 scaffolds”. J. Tissue Eng 6, 2041731415575870.
- Pullisaar H, Reseland JE, Haugen HJ, Brinchmann JE, and Østrup E (2014) "Simvastatin coating of TiO2 scaffold induces osteogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells". Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 447, 139-144.
- Jakobsen RB, Østrup E, Zhang X, Mikkelsen TS, and Brinchmann JE (2014)"Analysis of the Effects of Five Factors Relevant to In Vitro Chondrogenesis of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Using Factorial Design and High Throughput mRNA-Profiling". PLoS One 9, e96615.
- Pullisaar H, Tiainen H, Landin M, Lyngstadaas SP, Haugen HJ, Reseland JE, and Østrup E (2013) "Enhanced in vitro osteoblast differentiation on TiO2 scaffold coated with alginate hydrogel containing simvastatin". J. Tissue Eng 4, 2041731413515670.
- Østrup E, Hyttel P, and Østrup O (2011) "Embryo-maternal communication: signalling before and during placentation in cattle and pig". Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 23, 964-975.
- Østrup E, Bauersachs S, Blum H, Wolf E, and Hyttel P (2010) "Differential endometrial gene expression in pregnant and nonpregnant sows". Biol. Reprod. 83, 277-285.