I am a dedicated researcher committed to advancing the field of parasitology and improving animal welfare. My research carries profound significance for both academia and industry. By providing evidence-based solutions to challenges in animal health and welfare, I strive to contribute to a sustainable future. As I continue my academic journey at the University of Copenhagen, I am excited to engage in impactful research, inspire students, and collaborate with fellow researchers to drive positive change in animal science.
Primary fields of research
My main fields of research are
- Discover novel anthelmintic compounds from natural plant sources
- Investigate biomarkers for host resilience/ resistance of pathogens
- Exploring biochemical and molecular aspects of host-parasite interactions
- Develop novel means to control intestinal parasites by understanding resistance mechanisms and developing potential resistance-reversing strategies
- Develop area-wide insect control strategies for sustainable control of livestock pests